Sunday 12 August 2012

Katt Lexico

The Shins - Port of Morrow

As their previous album was dropped in 2007, The Shins' 2012 release of Port of Morrow was anticipated by many. This album definitely exceeded my expectations and keeps me coming back to listen again and again. "Port of Morrow," in particular, stuck out to me because of Mercer's harrowing vocals combined with the song's message of rebirth and recycling of life.





Zammuto - Too Late to Topologize

I heard Zammuto for the first time when I went to see Explosions in the Sky this summer. They opened the show and did an incredible job of creating a unique atmosphere by combining video projection (mostly nostalgic home videos) with electronic rhythms and heavy vocal effects. If this song in particular doesn't suit you, I encourage you to check out their entire self titled album, which was released in April of this year... Each song differs from the last and offers a variety of sounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment