Wednesday 2 May 2012

Portugal. The Man

This band's imagery freaks me out. Probably because I'm a wus. I'm posting this video because the other two 'official' videos featured ... blood (albeit clay blood in the animated version). In this acoustic video, they are merely singing and playing their instruments :)

Wiki describes Portugal. The Man as 'psychedelic' rock and looking up the term produces the following, which seems quite accurate of Portugal. The Man's music (and official videos):

of or noting a mental state characterized by a profound sense of intensified sensory perception, sometimes accompanied by severe perceptual distortion and hallucinations and by extreme feelings of either euphoria or despair.


1 comment:

  1. mackenziefalconvale9 May 2012 at 13:14

    I own every Portugal. The Man album, and I've never actually thought of the music as 'psychedelic', although I see how it could fit. I feel it's music that is just a pleasant departure on a winding journey. There are some trippy backbeats in the tunes that make me think of somebody on an acid trip, but they all seem to be cohesive with the melody, rather than the 70's rock that they seem to draw inspiration from at times, where the song takes a left turn into a sliding guitar solo that seems to serve as a reminder of what the band is trying to portray themselves as. (I'm looking at you, Led Zeppelin.)

    ReplyDelete