Thursday 19 April 2012

The Hacienda Must be Built

I'm posting this for Sero.

I just wanted to say - thanks for building the Hacienda, and educating me - and us in that piece of music history. I was so glad to step inside and take part. When I DJed at the Hacienda in SL, I didn't know the history til later - and now it's gone again, I feel it's loss too.

For those who don't know, Sero got the plans from one of the real life Hacienda's building managers, used the plans to build a 3D model of the club, and then opened it up as a club in Secondlife. Art, history and music all fused in one place.

A tip of the hat to Sero, and thank you.

3 comments:

  1. FAC51 was a beautiful failure. An entertaining way to learn more about it's place in musical history is the excellent movie "24 hour party people"

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... So I had to find the movie and see it again. I loved it - thanks for the recommendation, Mikkey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so hard for the smaller alternative clubs in SL. Last year we lost PopScene and now this year the Hac and. I suspect, it won't be the last of the smaller clubs to disappear.

    Nonetheless, I loved the times I had at the Hac, the people I met there and the chance to start DJ'ing in SL (Hac was the first place I ever played at).

    ReplyDelete