Sunday 29 April 2012

Karen Dalton's Katie Cruel

This is going to go back a few years, to one of my all time favorite folk singers. She originally only released two albums back in the 1960s, but a third one recently came out this year. You can find out more about Karen Dalton (and you should) at her Wikipedia page here.

And her new album 1966 can be found at the Dellmore Recordings site.

Even though the influence probably isn't intended, I think that you can hear strains of her music in more contemporary "country" folk artists like The Civil Wars or The Head and The Heart.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Stacia - this is such an earthy, haunting tune!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember how I was introduced to her music, but I've been in love with her voice and music ever since. She's like a Dust Bowl Billie Holiday.

    ReplyDelete